- Olive oil
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red or green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil. Spread a large spoonful of diced tomatoes onto the bottom of pie plate. Arrange four of the tortillas on top of the tomatoes and up the sides of the plate, overlapping as necessary; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and sweet pepper over medium-high heat until browned; drain off fat. Add chili powder and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in about half of the remaining tomatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Spoon over tortillas in plate. Cut remaining tortillas into large strips. Layer cheese and tortilla strips over beef mixture. Top with remaining diced tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges