- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 lbs beef chuck or 2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash red cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- Melt shortening in large skillet.
- Add beef, onion and garlic; cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in catsup, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover; simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over noodles.
- To freeze: Assemble as directed. Cover and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in the fridge. Re-heat, covered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.