- 12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c. diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan
- Basil, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti or angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and drain, then chop.
- Pour off half the bacon fat and to skillet add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water and let simmer, then add spaghetti or angel hair and toss until fully coated.
- Add chicken and bacon and toss, then garnish with basil and serve.