- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * 2 teaspoons butter
- * 3 boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch cubes
- * 1 carrot, sliced on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- * 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 12 ounces angel hair pasta or linguini
- * 2/3 cup chicken broth
- * 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- * salt and pepper, to taste
- * 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook chicken, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken with slotted spoon to paper towels.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to skillet; add carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes longer.
Cook pasta according to package directions. To the skillet add chicken broth, basil, and Parmesan cheese; stir to blend. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes. Drain pasta well; arrange in a serving dish and top with the chicken and vegetable.