- * 2 to 3 lbs chicken parts (or whole chicken, cut up)
- * 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- * 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- * 2 tablespoons honey
- * 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- * 1 tablespoon grated ginger root or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- * 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- * 2 tablespoons water
Wash chicken and pat dry; arrange in bottom of slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, wine, ginger and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low about 5 1/2 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Mix cornstarch and water. Remove chicken from slow cooker; turn on high and add cornstarch and water mixture. Continue to cook until thickened, and add chicken back to slow cooker to heat through.