Makes 4 servings
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 14 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1–2 anchovy fillets, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, cut into bite-size pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix lemon juice, basil, oregano and garlic. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook chicken 8 minutes; turn and cook 5 minutes more. Add lemon-juice mixture and stir up anything stuck to skillet. Reduce heat and cover; simmer until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Heat oven to 450°F. Toss all ingredients in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Cook 20 minutes. Remove foil; cook 20 minutes more, stirring once.
Toast bread until very crisp, then rub each slice with 1 teaspoon garlic. Beat remaining 1 teaspoon garlic with anchovies, lemon juice, oil and salt with a fork in a salad bowl until well emulsified. Add lettuce; toss to evenly coat leaves. Grind black pepper over salad. Dice garlic toast and add croutons to salad. Toss again to mix well. Serve salad immediately.