Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
One-Pot Paprika Chicken Thighs, with potatoes and carrots, is flavorful, healthy, and good enough for company! Try it on served in rice, quinoa, or farro. You can use white grape juice in place of the white wine.
- 3 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 tsp. each Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. McCormick Smoked Paprika (you can also use regular paprika)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Pressed garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. red and white small potatoes, in 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine (or white grape juice)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- In a Ziploc bag, combine about 2 T. smoked paprika, 1 tsp. each of salt and pepper. `Mix together and add 4-5 pieces of chicken at a time, lightly shaking. Pull the chicken pieces out and put on a large plate. Repeat the process, adding more spices if needed, until all the chicken has been coated.
- In a large heavy frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Repeat the process until all the chicken has been lightly cooked.
- Add the garlic and onion to the frying pan, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir another 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Gently whisk the flour into the wine. Gradually pour into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock; stir. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, and reduce the heat to medium-low, simmering until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. Cook for about 30 minutes. Right before serving, stir the chicken and vegetables; add in the thyme. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper. Serve on farro, rice, or quinoa.