Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries
- 4 small peaches
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Ground black pepper
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 thick slices roasted garlic country bread or garlic bread, toasted if desired
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Finely chop one of the peaches; add ground turkey, salt, and pepper. Shape turkey mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties (if necessary, dampen hands first). Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no pink remains (165 degrees F). Add cheese; cover and cook 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop remaining peaches. In a large skillet combine peaches, blueberries, and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through and juices are beginning to form.
- Top each piece of garlic bread with one turkey burger and some of the peach mixture. If desired, top with mint and additional chili powder.