- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in zucchini.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, place evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender jar; cover and process 30 seconds. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Add to milk mixture; cover and process 30-45 seconds or until thickened and smooth, stopping to scrape blender jar as needed.Yield: 15 servings.