- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, cut into 6 pieces, divided
- 4 3/4-inch-thick pork rib chops
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cornichons (gherkins)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chops with salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons tarragon. Add chops to skillet; cook until browned and cooked through, adjusting heat to medium if browning too quickly, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
Add shallots to same skillet; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in 2 teaspoons tarragon, cornichons, mustard, broth, and juice; boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in 4 tablespoons butter, 1 piece at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer chops to plates. Spoon sauce over; top with 1 teaspoon tarragon.