Italian Wedding Soup Supper
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, carrot and celery in remaining oil until tender. Add the meatballs, soup, spinach, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and reserved chicken; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.