Giner Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up pork into crumbles.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce until blended. Add water chestnuts, green onions and oil; heat through. To serve, place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 2 dozen.